Baltimore’s defense will have their hands full

Area for General Discussion on Infiniti Electric Vehicles
douhua2233

Baltimore’s defense will have their hands full

Postby douhua2233 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:03 am

Baltimore’s defense will have their hands full when prepping for Denver Broncos rookie running back Phillip Lindsay. He became the first undrafted rookie to have 100+ yards from scrimmage in each of his first two games as a pro. Lindsay rushed for 71 yards on 15 carries and caught two passes for 31 yards and a touchdown in Week 1. In Week 2 Justin Tucker Jersey , Lindsay continued his hot start with 107 yards on 14 carries. Due to his play, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh has heaped praise onto the 24-year old rookie. “Amazing, because we looked at him – we liked him,” Harbaugh said of Lindsay. “He’s a free agent guy, we had some pretty good free agent backs in here, too. It’s incredible, these free agent running backs around the league. He’s fast – that’s what stands out about him.”Baltimore had three undrafted running backs of their own in camp with DeLance Turner, Gus Edwards and Mark Thompson. All three of them were initially cut from the 53-man roster, but Turner and Edwards were sImageigned to the practice squad. When Kenneth Dixon hit injured reserve, Turner was made part of Baltimore’s active roster. Denver has more than one rookie running back. They also have Royce Freeman, who was drafted in the third round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Freeman currently has 23 carries for 99 yards and one touchdown on the season. Stopping both running backs will be a key for Baltimore to be successful on Sunday — both in the passing game and on the ground. “He’s quick, he’s kind of fearless. They put him in good situations, they get the ball to both rookie backs – [Royce] Freeman from Oregon, too. They get the ball outside quick on the edge couple different ways. They run a lot of draws really well Authentic Sam Koch Jersey , some screens, they get him in space. The offensive line has done a good job, but this kid is running and he’s making plays with his speed and his fearlessness. He’s doing it as a kick returner, [too]. He’s back there as a kick returner as well – pretty impressive.”Though Lindsay is diminutive in stature — standing in at 5’8, 190 lbs., he has had a large impact on the Broncos 2-0 start. Denver began the season with a 27-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks. Then they followed up with a late 20-19 win over their division rival Oakland Raiders. The Ravens have a losing record and are in danger of missing the playoffs for the fourth year in a row, so coach John Harbaugh now finds himself fielding questions about job security as he tries to bring Baltimore back into contention.Not long after the Ravens (4-5) lost their third straight, 23-16 to Pittsburgh on Sunday, Harbaugh was asked if he was apprehensive about his future with the team."I've never been someone who's worried about keeping a job," he said. "It's always been, for me, doing the job."On Monday, Harbaugh was asked how it felt to deal with that line of questioning with two months left in the season."I'm not surprised or insulted," he said. "I understand that's part of it and probably not surprised because you have to win games in this league. That's the bottom line."Harbaugh is in his 11th season with the Ravens. Since taking over for Brian Billick in 2008 Youth Nick Boyle Jersey , he's compiled a 108-76 record, reached the playoffs six times and won a Super Bowl.But the Ravens are in the midst of a serious dry spell, and owner Steve Bisciotti acknowledged last February that firing Harbaugh after the 2017 season "was certainly a consideration."This year's team jumped to a 4-2 start but has since stumbled. Entering a long-awaited bye week, Harbaugh spoke about how badly the Ravens needed the break to rest and heal."If you watch the tape, we played fast, we played hard," Harbaugh insisted. "But are we as fast as we were early in the year? Probably not, probably a step off just because it's Week 9. So this week is going to help us. It's going to help us pick up that step back, and I'm really kind of excited about that."From here on out, Harbaugh might have to coach as if his job depended on it. He does not, however, apologize for how he'd guided the Ravens to this point.'I feel real good about the way this team has been coached for the last 11 years, and for the last number of weeks," he said. "So James Hurst Jersey , there are no regrets. Never been any regrets here with me. We'll keep fighting. That's what we do."The Ravens looked sensational in a 21-0 win over Tennessee on Oct. 14. After that, however, a botched extra point cost them a shot at overtime in a 24-23 loss to New Orleans, and Carolina put a 36-21 whipping on Baltimore before the Steelers avenged a Sept. 30 loss to the Ravens on Sunday."It's been a tough stretch," Harbaugh said. "We've played three really good football teams the last three games. We haven't won them. The plus part is they're good football teams and our players have been playing hard."New Orleans and Carolina were coming off a bye before playing the Ravens. Now it's Baltimore's turn to sit back, reload, and tweak the playbook before hosting Cincinnati on Nov. 18."That's what the bye is for," Harbaugh said. "Teams use it for that purpose, and we're going to get a chance to do that this week, too."